At SPC we believe that a self-managed super fund is an important structure that provides direct control over your investments as well as greater flexibility with respect to tax planning and retirement benefit options. As SMSF’s are highly regulated by the ATO ensuring that your fund is set up correctly is one of the necessary steps that will need to be taken.
We can provide the following services in regards to setting up a SMSF:
- Discuss your retirement goals and analyse whether a SMSF is right for you
- Supply a hard copy Trust deed and all relevant establishment docs
- Establish a trustee company
- Application for a TFN and ABN
- Register with the ATO as a complying fund
- Open a bank account for your super fund
- Set up any life insurance/TPD/salary continuance policies within the fund
- Rollover your existing super accounts
- Choose your investments and provide you with an investment strategy that is tailored to your retirement needs
For many people , the cost of running a SMSF can potentially be significantly lower than that of an alternative retail, industry or other commercial super fund however it may not be appropriate for all investors due to the responsibility and time involved in managing an SMSF. SMSF are not always cost competitive for lower balance accounts.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation